Monday, June 23, 2008

How do I start this thing?

This officially marks my entry into the world of blogging. As you will be able to tell from this first post I am a newbie. I have been holding back on this for a long time now and am finally pulling the trigger. My hope is that this will be an informative site where you will find useful information. I guess you might be asking yourself at this point what this blog might be about....

That's WHAC will be about What's Happening with Archiving and Compliance. Basically I will be covering any interesting information in the world of Archiving and issues facing the IT industry as it struggles with regulatory compliance. It took me a while to find a name but I am happy with what I settled on. I thought it might be best to use language popular with "the kids" today so I could better relate to the "young people". (This all comes from the fact that my 6 year old son thinks I am old and told me so in no uncertain terms).

I am starting this blog for a few different reasons. First the archiving market is huge. There are too many Archiving vendors in the market to count and each does things slightly different. I hope I can bring clarity to some of the confusion.

Second, it seems to me that IT's challenge of meeting regulatory compliance is constantly evolving. I seem to learn something new in this area everyday. As I find new things I will post so that you might be informed as well.

Third, my boss is making me :). Actually it was suggested by many but this has been on my mind for a while now.

Well there it is, my first post. If you have gotten this far then I haven't scared you off yet. I hope that this will be both fun and informative. Feel free to leave any comments. I will look forward to hearing from those who find this blog useful. Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

Keri said...

Great job Ron! I love the name! This blog will be helpful for many people. I look forward to reading and contributing to the posts.